Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sorry

For the last week or so John Stephen has been on a big "Sorry" kick. It's really so sweet. He has always been very good about apologizing. Before he could talk he would go to whoever was hurt, almost always Benjamin, and give him a huge hug. Now that he can talk, he still gives the big hug but also adds, "Sorry!" in the sweetest little voice. Over the last several days he had been apologizing to me for everything! For example, if I'm changing his diaper and he's wiggling everywhere, I'll ask him to be still. He'll sit up and reach for a big hug and say, "Sorry!" If he accidentally steps on my belly while he's climbing all over me and I let out a grunt, he'll squeeze me tight and say, "Sorry!" Not everything is exactly an apology worthy event, but he definitely gets the idea of when he has hurt or upset someone. I only hope he continues to care this much for people all his life!

No comments: