Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ribs

"Mom, today we watched a video at school.  It was Bill Nye, the Science Guy," Benjamin told me.  "Then we all made up other names for it, like Bill Nye, Pumpkin Pie or Bill Nye, Your Mom's a Guy."

"Ha!  That's silly, Benjamin," I responded.  "How could your mom be a guy?!"

"Well, it could happen if you're a worm!  Worms are half male and half female," Benjamin informed me.

"What's male?" John Stephen asked.  "A boy, right?"

"Yes," I told him, "and female is a girl."

"Why do girls always have more stuff?" John Stephen asked.

"What do you mean?" I said, confused.

"You know, like female has the extra fe- and woman has the extra wo-" he told me.

"I don't know.  Maybe it's because women came from men," I suggested.

"They did?" John Stephen inquired.

"Yes, God made Eve from Adam's rib," I explained.

"Really?  He did?" John Stephen was amazed.

"Yes, while he was sleeping, God took out one of Adam's ribs to make Eve," I continued.

"If it was a pork rib, I would have eaten it!" John Stephen said with his funny little laugh.

No comments: